Town & Country Softball Tournament
Tournament Host Rules
- Host site shall establish a “Tournament Director” position that does not also coach or manage a team. It does not have to be the same person for the entire round, as long as a designated person is appointed & filling the role on-site during all games.
- Host site shall designate a person to check each player’s birth certificate that plays at your site. No player shall be allowed to play until proof of age has been provided & no team is allowed to play if roster form is not completed in its entirety. The designated person will initial in the far right column beside each player’s information at the time of check-in. We recommend that host site keep the contact #’s of the participating teams handy for later use.
- The Tournament Director will appoint a “Protest and Rules Committee” for each game of the tournament. Protests will be resolved before play resumes. The committee shall consist of the Tournament Director and one coach or parent from each team involved, with input from the umpires. The team Manager cannot serve on the protest committee. All protests should be resolved in a peaceful and professional manner without having to call League Officials. Any loss of perspective & any type of verbal or physical abuse will be grounds for ejection, forfeiture of game &/or team, law enforcement if needed & ban from future participation in the tournament.
- The tournament host shall provide 2 “patched” umpires & 1 adult scorekeeper per tournament.
- Host site will provide all game balls needed to run a successful tournament. Town & Country will furnish each site with 2 dozen new game balls. Any player that hits a home run shall be awarded the ball.
- Town & Country will provide all trophies, championship signs & 2 dozen balls to the host site each round. A reasonable entry charge or parking fee is allowed, but not both. It is optional. Parking fees not to exceed $5 / car, entry fee not to exceed $3 / person or $10 / person for a weekend pass. We recommend children under the age of 12 be admitted free of charge.
Team Roster Rules
- A team cannot exceed 13 players, 1 manager, & 2 coaches. A scorekeeper may join the team in the dugout. The roster must be selected from players who participated in at least ½ of their regular season team’s scheduled games. Rosters may not be changed once a team starts play in its first tournament game.
- Each player must furnish a legal birth certificate at the District level to be eligible for the tournament. A member of the Town & Country Board of Directors must approve any other document used for proof of age.
- Ages determined by age as of January 1st, as per ASA guidelines.
- A player can be listed on two different tournament team rosters from the same league, but not on the same age level & can only play for one team at a time per round (i.e. a 10-yr-old plays on 10u District team, then the 12u Semi-State team)
Safety Items & Courtesy Runners
- Pitchers and 1st & 3rd basemen must wear a protective fielding mask at all age levels.
- Courtesy runners are allowed to run for the pitcher & catcher, with the decision to use one to be made before the next pitch is thrown after reaching base. The courtesy runner shall be a substitute that has not yet entered the game, or it shall be the last out, except if last out is the pitcher or catcher, the courtesy runner will then be the immediate preceding out.
Tournament Playing Rules
- The tournament will follow ASA guidelines, with modifications as noted.
- 1 hr 30 min time limit on all games at all levels, except championship games -- No new inning shall start after 1 hr 30-min time limit, unless there is a tie, or if it is the championship game.
- A new inning shall be considered started upon the completion of the third out in the bottom-half of the inning.
- A starting pitcher can only re-enter one time to pitch as long she occupies the same spot in the batting order. Same as any starting player can only re-enter one time as long she is occupies the same spot in the batting order – Normal substitution rules apply.
- All loser’s brackets & elimination games suspended for weather will be finished to their entirety. However, a team can choose to forfeit as desired.
- All Town & Country League softball tournament games shall be scheduled for six innings in duration, unless extra innings are needed.
Please complete the registration information below & return by email, fax (765) 564-6202 or mail to:
Commissioner Nelson Smith cell phone #: (765) 426-1922
Deputy Commissioner John Dunn cell phone: (765) 427-9421
(We do work full-time, so please leave message if no answer - we’ll return asap)
Town & Country Youth League
c/o: Nelson Smith, Commissioner
P.O. Box 75
Delphi, Indiana 46923