Town & Country Softball Tournament
Entry Fee: $250.00 per team; must be paid in advance to Town & Country, PO Box 75, Delphi, IN 46923 to be eligible — For 2nd round qualifiers: Advancement fee - $75 per team paid directly to next host site upon arrival
Tournament Host Rules
- Host site shall establish a “Tournament Director” position that does not also coach or manage a team. It can be more than one person filling the role during a round as long as a designated person is on-site during all games.
- Host site shall designate a person to check each player’s birth certificate that plays at your site. At the District level, this should be someone other than the Tournament Director. No player shall be allowed to play until proof of age has been provided & no team allowed to play is form is either not completed. The designated person will initial in the far right column beside each player’s information at the time of check-in.
- After the District round, the Tournament Director must simply verify that each player has been cleared to play.
- The Tournament Director will appoint a “Protest and Rules Committee” for each game of the tournament. Protests will be resolved before play resumes. The committee shall consist of the Tournament Director and 1 coach or parent from each team involved, with input from the umpires. The team Manager cannot serve on the protest committee. All protests should be resolved in a peaceful and professional manner without having to call League Officials. Any loss of perspective & any type of verbal or physical abuse will be grounds for ejection, forfeiture of game &/or team, law enforcement if needed & ban from future participation in the tournament.
- The tournament host shall provide 2 “patched” umpires & 1 adult scorekeeper per tournament.
- Host will provide all game balls needed to run a successful tournament. Any player that hits a home run shall be awarded the ball.
Team Roster Rules
- A team cannot exceed 13 players, 1 manager, & 2 coaches. A scorekeeper may accompany the team in the dugout. The roster must be selected from players who participated in at least ½ of their regular season team’s scheduled games. Rosters may not be changed once a team starts play of their first District tournament game.
- Each player must furnish a legal birth certificate to be eligible for the tournament. The Town & Country Board of Directors must approve any other documents used for proof of age.
- Ages determined by age as of January 1st, as per ASA guidelines.
- A player can be listed on two different tournament team rosters from the same league, but not on the same age level & can only play for one team at a time per round (i.e. a 10-yr-old plays on 10u District team, then the 12u Semi-State team)
Tournament Playing Rules
- The tournament will follow ASA guidelines, with modifications as noted.
- 2-hour time limit on all 10u, 12u & 14u games except championship games -- No new inning shall start after 2-hour time limit, unless there is a tie. All 8u games, except championship games, shall have a 1:45 time limit.
- A new inning shall be considered started upon the completion of the third out in the bottom-half of the inning.
- A Starting Pitcher can only re-enter one time to pitch as long she is occupies the same spot in the batting order. Same as any starting player can only re-enter one time as long she is occupies the same spot in the batting order – Normal substitution rules apply.
- All loser’s brackets & elimination games suspended for weather will be finished to their entirety. However, a team can choose to forfeit as desired.
- All Town & Country League softball tournament games shall be scheduled for six innings in duration, unless extra innings are needed.
TOURNAMENT ENTRY form is required & is due by June 29th at 5 pm deadline!
Rule books will be sent out upon receipt of sanctioning form beginning in April.
All sanctioning fees are due in the league office by May 1st, or tournament entry fees will be at the non-sanctioned team rate.
Tournament entry fees are to be paid before you play ― they are due at the league office by July 1st. No team will be allowed to play until payment is made.
- Entry & Drop Deadline is Saturday, June 29th at 5 pm. After this date, it will be too late to enter the tournament, or drop from it. Fees will still be due if dropped after June 25th.
Meeting will be at the Interpretive Center at the Wabash & Erie Canal Conference Center located at
1030 N. Washington St. Delphi, IN 46923
Softball – Tuesday, July 2nd - 7:00 PM for all age groups
BRING YOUR ENTRY FEES TO THIS MEETING IF NOT ALREADY PAID
- 10 & Under - 12 & Under
- District level will begin as early as Thursday, July 11th & end on Monday July 15th.
- State Finals will begin on Friday, July 19th & end on Monday July 22nd.
- 8 & Under Tournament
- Play may begin on July 9th with finals being played on Monday July 15th. The number of entries will affect the dates for this tournament, possibly stretching it to a two week format.
- 14 & Under Tournament
- Play may begin on July 11th with finals being played on Monday July 15th depending on the number of entries.
QUESTIONS? Please first try website at www.townandcountryleague.com for most answers. All updates will be posted on website ASAP. Please DO NOT call for brackets, game results, rules, etc.
Mission Statement: "The Town & Country League provides a sanctioned organization and state tournament for All-Star teams from recreational leagues of single, smaller towns per league guidelines.
While we recognize that there are different interpretations of the word 'smaller', guidelines of league sizes ultimately define an individual team's eligibility.
We encourage you to enter or inquire for additional information, but we want it to be known that this is not a tournament for combined leagues from several smaller towns that form one super all-star team, and it is not for travel teams.
However, Rec-league all-star teams who also may play in travel tournaments are allowed, as well as kids who play on travel teams, as long as the players that make up a team entered are the same ones’ who have played in at least half of their rec-league team's scheduled games."
Please complete the registration information below & return by email, fax (765) 564-6202 or mail to:
Commissioner Nelson Smith cell phone #: (765) 426-1922
Deputy Commissioner John Dunn cell phone: (765) 427-9421
(We do work full-time, so please leave message if no answer - we’ll return asap)
Town & Country Youth League
c/o: Nelson Smith, Commissioner
P.O. Box 75
Delphi, Indiana 46923