Town & Country Baseball State Tournament
Tournament Host Rules
- Host site shall establish a “Tournament Director” position that does not also coach or manage a team. It does not have to be the same person for the entire round, as long as a designated person is appointed & filling the role on-site during all games.
- Host site shall designate a person to check each player’s birth certificate that plays at your site. At the District level, this should be someone other than the Tournament Director. No player shall be allowed to play until proof of age has been provided & no team is allowed to play if roster form is not completed in its entirety. The designated person will initial in the far right column beside each player’s information at the time of check-in. We recommend that host site keep the contact #’s of the participating teams handy for later use.
- After the District round, the Tournament Director must simply verify that each player has been approved to play.
- The Tournament Director will appoint a “Protest and Rules Committee” for each game of the tournament. Protests will be resolved before play resumes. The committee shall consist of the Tournament Director and one coach or parent from each team involved, with input from the umpires. The team Manager cannot serve on the protest committee. All protests should be resolved in a peaceful and professional manner without having to call League Officials. Any loss of perspective & any type of verbal or physical abuse will be grounds for ejection, forfeiture of game &/or team, law enforcement if needed & ban from future participation in the tournament.
- The tournament host shall provide 2 “patched” umpires & 1 adult scorekeeper per tournament. Although a Town & Country certification is preferred, a patch from any baseball sanctioning body is acceptable.
- Host site will provide all game balls needed to run a successful tournament. Town & Country will furnish each site with at least 2 dozen new game balls. Any player that hits a home run shall be awarded the ball.
- Host shall maintain the pitcher’s log (provided by Town & Country) to track innings pitched.
- Semi-State & State host sites will receive a $100 advancement fee from all qualifying teams to be paid at sign-in. District host sites will receive a stipend check directly from the Town & Country League, but will not collect an advancement fee. Town & Country will provide all trophies, championship signs & 2-3 dozen balls to the host site each round. A reasonable entry charge or parking fee is allowed, but not both. It is optional. Parking fees not to exceed $5 / car, entry fee not to exceed $3 / person or $10 / person for a weekend pass. We recommend children under the age of 12 be admitted free of charge.
- District Round Time Limit: A 1 hr 45 min time limit will be enforced for any team’s first round game & for all first round games in the loser’s bracket games. Any inning started prior to the time limit shall be completed. Rule 4.10 applies.
Team Roster Rules:
- A team cannot exceed 13 players, 1 manager & 2 coaches. A scorekeeper may join team in the dugout. The roster must be selected from players who participated in at least 1/2 of their regular season team’s scheduled games. Rosters may not be changed once a team starts play in the first District round game.
- Each player must furnish a legal birth certificate at the District level to be eligible for the tournament. A member of the Town & Country Board of Directors must approve any other document used for proof of age.
- Three tournaments are sanctioned for three different age levels (12u, 10u & 8u). League age for eligibility is determined by the player’s age as of April 30th (10th b-day on 4/30 is 10, but if b-day is on 5/1, age is 9).
- A player can be listed on two different tournament team rosters from the same league, but not on the same age level & can only play for one team at a time per round (i.e. a 10-yr-old plays on 10u District team, then the 12u Semi-State team)
Tournament Playing Rules:
- The tournament will be played using the Town & Country Rule Book except the following:
- Pitching Rules 8.07 (B), (D), (E), (G) & (I) shall not apply. Regarding Tournament Pitching Rule 8.08: Pitchers will be limited to 4 innings per game & not more than 8 innings in any 2 consecutive games played, no matter when they are played. Pitchers may pitch up to 12 innings during any round, with records reset with the advancement to the next round of the tournament.
- Rule 3.03 (A) & (D) re: minimum playing requirements for a substitute shall not apply in tournament. A substitute is not required to fulfill any playing requirements in tournament play.
All other rules follow the Town & Country Rulebook